Thursday, July 16, 2015

Moving on

Why Monday night I hit up Zumba...it was a good class.   My body did fine and I feel as if I got a good workout!   



Tuesday morning I ran and it was a difficult run.   But I pushed through and didn't let myself falter.  I ran the run intervals and I walked the walk intervals.   But I knew that it was tough.  I speculated that my body only had about 12 hours recovery time from Zumba the night before, that could be the problem!

Wednesday was another Zumba class....and this morning Thursday I went running.   The 8-3 intervals proved to be my nemesis.  I have to admit I walked a few seconds here in there in my last two running intervals.   Grrr.  Makes sense though, Zumba again 12 hours before and 5 days straight of running or Zumba.   I am looking forward to my 'day of rest' tomorrow!!!

Just putting the miles on my feet....and they feel it today.  My heel (plantar fasciitis) is kicking a bit today...just a twinge thank goodness.  My ankle from this spring is achy,  my knees hurt ...ok my lower body just aches!!!!

My weight has gone down a bit from my highest weight of last week.  (Highest recent weight...I was a lot heavier years back).   For the most part I'm doing ok with my eating.   But I've had slip ups....yeah...not pretty ones.   Tuesday night I got home and I Had a need...a need for something sweet.  I raided the supply and came back with.....


Why yes, a red velvet whoopee pie.  


Why yes I ate it!    Yesterday I was just ravenous and ate breakfast, and a not so wholesome lunch, and finished it off with a veggie less dinner.   Not wise.     Trying to hold it together today.  

I'm trying!!!   


7 comments:

Sara said...

Dang, that's a lot of exercise! Do you enjoy doing all of that? I know there are people who actually like exercising, but I am not one of those people :) I actually didn't do any exercise at all during my active weight loss phase, and then started walking when I began transitioning into maintenance. I'm ok with walking and a bit of body-weight strength training, but otherwise this girl doesn't do sweat lol!

And that moon pie looks lovely-I've never seen a red velvet one before, I'll have to keep my eye out for them!

kathyj333 said...

I like Zumba. Sounds like you're really getting out there. I love Whoopie Pies aka Gobs.

I gotta get back to exercise. My motivation has been so low.

Keep up the great work. You are inspiring me.

finding lori said...

Wow! That's a lot of cardio :) Good job!! Good job on the Whoopie Pie too :) I love love love them :) We need that yummy stuff to keep us sane!!

Tiffany said...

Zumba is a lot of fun I have a class every Monday.

Tiffany said...

Zumba is a lot of fun I have a class every Monday.

MyStalkerIsFat said...

Great job sticking to the runs even when they feel difficult! Could the heat be affecting how you feel during your runs?

Darcy Winters said...

You know your body best, but I think you better watch over-training or that plantar facitis is going to make plans for a sneak attack. I bet you'll do better with the running when the weather cools down. :-)